Social Media Assistant
Close date: Friday 15 November
Work type: Fixed, part-time
Reports to: Kieran Meredith, Media and Communications Manager
Are you studying marketing, media or communications? Do you have a passion for charity? Are you a creator of lush Instagram and Facebook stories, and have an eye-for-detail when it comes to taking photos?
We’re on the hunt for a Social Media Guru to join our team on a short fixed term contract.
You won’t just be the “person with the Facebook password” or “the Instagram person”. You’ll take charge of creating engaging and exhilarating content (photography, videography) for our Christmas Star Appeal 2019/Pack The Bus 2019 campaign.
You should have experience, skill and/or expert knowledge in creating high-quality digital content using a digital device.
An ability to create, work and respond efficiently is preferable as you will be assisting to cover a fast-pace Christmas campaign.
An understanding of wider digital trends, social media tools and trends and at the very least, how to use filters would be beneficial for when you take the reign (and the camera!).
You will be updating The Wellington City Mission’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms on-the-go.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards The Mission and knowledge of its vision, values and practices
- Well-presented – tidy appearance
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills, initiative and creativity
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a small team or alone with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Working knowledge of and commitment to Health and Safety policies and practice.
Key Performance Indicators
- A positive relationship is maintained with general public
- All members of the public and supporters are thanked and valued in an appropriate way on social media
- All procedures and safe practices are adhered to
- All information and materials are stored in the correct manner
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety policies and practice.
Potential Working hours (please indicate availability at time of signing contract):
Agreed times will become the Employer’s Offer of casual employment for each casual engagement under this contract.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Kieran Meredith, Media and Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org