Would you like to work for The Wellington City Mission? This page will be updated when we have vacancies available. Should you wish to volunteer, you can find out more by clicking here.
Financial Mentor x2
Financial Mentors provide more than budgeting advice and education. They provide a one-on-one service focusing on empowering people to get control of their money. They work alongside a person, their family and whanau, building trust and taking into account the complexity of their needs, assisting them to manage their finances confidently, so that they may improve their quality of life.
We require a person with:
- Experience in financial mentoring, although not essential as training can be provided
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Great communication and people skills
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and motivated attitude
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing challenging people situations
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with community agencies
- An understanding of working within the context of a faith-based NGO
- Experience in working with people from differing socio-economic backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and have excellent report writing and written communication skills.
These two positions are full-time, working Monday to Friday based in Newtown, Wellington.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.