Would you like to work for The Wellington City Mission? This page will be updated when we have vacancies available. Should you wish to volunteer, you can find out more by clicking here.
Kaiārahi / Housing Advocate
Become part of Wellington City Mission’s Te Pūnaha Pā and a new way of doing things. Taking a kaupapa Māori approach, this role involves strength-based assessments, support plans, advocacy and guidance to support manuhiri wellbeing on the journey to finding a new home. The successful candidate must have a full, clean driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and/or equivalent experience:
- A social work qualification or experience working in the housing advocacy space
- Demonstrated social work capability, ideally with experience in working in transitional housing, mental health, and addictions
- Experience in working with people from differing socio-economic backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience in managing challenging people situations
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with community agencies and an understanding of working within the context of a faith-based NGO
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and have excellent report writing and written communication skills
How to apply:
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, see attached job description. Short-listed applicants will be sent an application form to complete. Successful applicants will be required to undergo Police vetting.
Applications close 9 August 2021.
Operations Assistant Volunteer Services
Our Volunteering Services team at Wellington City Mission oversees all of our amazing volunteers who contribute mahi aroha every day. Volunteers have been an integral part of the WCM for over 100 years and will continue to be an essential part of our efforts to do our work and fulfil our vision of people and communities empowered, transformed, experiencing fullness of life.
The Operations Assistant Volunteer Services role has four main parts:
- Assist the General Manager Volunteer Services with the daily operations of volunteering at the City Mission.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- To provide support and assistance to our volunteers, where required
- Help to develop and grow the volunteering opportunities at Wellington City Mission
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Outstanding relationship skills
- Passionate about volunteering
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Able to work without supervision; proactive
- A pleasant, outgoing personality (engaging, supportive, compassionate)
- Knowledge of databases, MS Office and Canva
- Able to present to and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Proven experience in administration would be an advantage
- Experience in volunteering a bonus
This is a part-time position working 3 days per week between Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm (hours and days by negotiation). Please note: this is a paid position. This role is located at our office in Newtown, Wellington. If you want to take on a role that will challenge, and inspire you, and probably be life-changing, then maybe this is the opportunity you have been hoping for.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
To ask any questions, or apply for this role (with a cover letter and CV) please contact: Kara at mailto:email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 4 AUGUST 2021