Our qualified social workers can help you manage home and whānau (family) life, provide advice, advocacy and assistance in accessing other social services, by delivering a holistic in-home social service. We can walk alongside you to enhance your quality of life.
We can help you to manage your home and whānau life by providing assistance in the areas of:
- Housing: Advocacy to improve your housing situation.
- Income: Advocacy with Work and Income and Inland Revenue Department. We can also connect you with a budgeting service.
- Health: Help you and your whānau to access services such as; mental health, disability, GP and DHB.
- Education: Help you and your whānau to access education services and parenting programmes, and help advocate for you with your education provider.
- Social Support: Developing a positive and trusted relationship with you through regular home visits. We work towards strengthening your role as parents/caregivers, building positive relationships with your tamariki/children, whānau members and connecting you to your local community activities.
Our team of social workers are fully committed to encouraging, educating, and supporting you to gain the skills to manage your own future, to thrive and be self-reliant.
Enquiries or referrals contact:
Isapella Duffy, Practice Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
“We see the healthy and effective functioning of families as a vital requirement in our communities. We have a team of social workers who are skilled at working with whānau and children. The unique contributions we bring to this practice are working with the whānau in their own environment; and by supporting them to realise their strengths and capabilities that will enhance their lives. This is carried out within their own time frame”.